Semen Bacterial Concentrations and HIV-1 RNA Shedding Among HIV-1-Seropositive Kenyan Men. J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 2017;74(3):250-257 doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000001244
- PMID: 27861240
- Title: Semen Bacterial Concentrations and HIV 1 RNA Shedding Among HIV 1 Seropositive Kenyan Men
- Abstract: HIV-1 is transmitted through semen from men to their sexual partners. Genital infections can increase HIV-1 RNA shedding in semen, but shedding also occurs in the absence of typical pathogens. We hypothesized that higher bacterial concentrations in semen would be associated with higher HIV-1 RNA levels.
- Date: 1970-08-22
- Year: 2017
- Journal: J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr.
- PMID Author: Korhonen CJ, Srinivasan S, Huang D, Ko DL, Sanders EJ, Peshu NM, Krieger JN, Muller CH, Coombs RW, Fredricks DN, Graham SM
- IAVI Topics: HIV Transmission